TEXT_SIZE

Remember When for the week of 4/11/2012

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian

75 YEARS AGO........1937

Thirty automobiles arrived in Taylorsville from Walkermine Sunday over the Genesee Valley Road, which was opened for travel for the first time this year. The 1,000 residents of the big copper mine had been marooned since December 26 of last year, their only outlet being by aerial ore tram over Grizzly Mountain to Spring Garden.

50 YEARS AGO.............1962

The State Banking Department has received an application from Wells Fargo Bank in San Francisco to establish a branch in the business district of Quincy.

There are a total of 128 teachers in Plumas County schools. A breakdown shows 65 elementary school teachers and 63 high school teachers. Annual salary for elementary school teachers is $7,168 and annual salary of high school teachers is $6,308.

25 YEARS AGO.............1987

Advertisement: Graeagle Meadows Golf Course is open for the 1987 season, marking our 20th year of operation. Ken Towns, Hal Janney and Bill Butler are Class A pros on site.

10 YEARS AGO.............2002

Plumas County has accepted 10 applications for the Plumas-Sierra County Fair manager. The fair managers position became vacant in December of last year when Mike Clements was terminated. Former Plumas County Supervisor Phil Bresciani has served as interim manager during the transition.

Note: items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.

 

Contact Us
up_contact
Local Events
Building Contractor

"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}