|These are the stories we are working on for this week's newspaper:|
- Descriptive Location: West Dusty Project Area, ten miles northwest of Chester, California between Feather River Rod & Gun Club and Stump Ranch
- Total acreage: Up to 177 acres could be burned over the course of several days
- Planned initiation: Tuesday, July 19th
- Duration of ignition: Ignition is planned to occur throughout July and August, weather permittin
- Smoke impacts: Watch for smoke on County Road 311 between Stump Ranch and Feather River Meadow
- Watch for: Firefighters and firefighting equipment along the roads.
- Please Obey Signs Posted Along RoadwContact: For questions, please call (530)258-2141, 8:00 – 4:30, Monday – Friday. For emergencies, dial 911.
FRC rodeo to open arena for anyone brave enough
This cowboy holds on for dear life during last year’s saddle bronc riding portion of the rodeo clinic at Feather River College. For the third year, FRC’s rodeo...Read More...
As weather warms up, golf courses open for season
Fore! That word is once again heard in the distance in Plumas County. As springtime springs into action, golf courses across...
California Outdoors for the week of 4/11/2014
Carrie Wilson California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fish and wildlife regulations don’t always keep up with latest technology Hunting with pellet rifles Question:...Read More...