...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT PDT WEDNESDAY NIGHT ABOVE 6000 FEET...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY ABOVE 6000 FEET FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT PDT WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY AND THE LASSEN PARK AREA.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 2 TO 5 INCHES ABOVE 6000 FEET ELEVATION WITH 4 TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE OVER HIGHER PEAKS.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 6000 FEET.
* TIMING: TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: LASSEN VOLCANIC NATIONAL PARK.
* WINDS: LOCALLY GUSTY SOUTHWEST WINDS 30 TO 40 MPH POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.
* IMPACTS: TRAVEL DELAYS POSSIBLE AT TIMES.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
Little League nears regional tourneys
Greenville’s catcher, Brent Washoe, is a second too late as Chester’s Jason Schlueter slides into home plate for a run during a Chester home game in late May. ...Read More...
Fishing Report for the week of 6/13/2013
Hunter Hedman displays a beautiful brown trout he caught at Bucks Lake. It took him only five minutes of fishing to hook the biggest fish of his life, he said....Read More...
A delicate delicacy Morel hunting in Plumas County
Morel mushrooms are scattered across the foreground of an area burned by the Chips Fire out near Caribou. During the month of May and early June, mushroom hunters...Read More...