Forest Service slash pile burning will cause smoke impacts in East Quincy
Fire personnell from the Plumas National Forest are burning handpiles in East Quincy. The piles are located in forested land adjacent to homes on the south side of East Quincy.
Project Name: American Valley, Unit 4a
· Agency Contact: Steven Causemaker or Megan Martinez (530) 283-0555
· Descriptive Location: T24N, R10E, Section 19. Just south of East Quincy, CA.
· Type of burn: Hand Pile Burning
· Total Acreage: 5 acres
· Planned Ignition: Feb. 19, 2014
· Duration of Ignition and Smoke Production: 1-2 Days
· Estimated Direction of Smoke Travel: South/Southwest
· Communities or Smoke Sensitive Areas: Smoke will be visible from the communities of Quincy and East Quincy. Careful monitoring will occur to prevent any serious impacts within these areas.