75 YEARS AGO.....1939
Six residents of Plumas County became American citizens in a hearing conducted by Plumas County Superior Court Judge J.O. Moncur.
No new cases of scarlet fever were reported in Plumas County this week and the Plumas County Health Department authorities believe that the epidemic that victimized 13 people in the county last week has subsided.
50 YEARS AGO.....1964
The dedication of the new Sunday school building at the Greenville Community Methodist Church will be held Sunday.
Plumas County Chamber of Commerce manager Link Peckinpah distributed record numer of Plumas County brochures at the Plumas County booth at the recent California Boat and Sports Show at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.
25 YEARS AGO.....1989
The old and abandoned Hotel Chester, a town landmark, was destroyed this morning in a suspicious early morning fire. The hotel was built in 1914 by the Olson family and once included a golf course and campgrounds. The hotel was abandoned in the 1930’s.
The Feather River College Board of Trustees will appoint a committee to investigate the possibility of implementing a sports program at the college to help the college draw larger student enrollment.
10 YEARS AGO.....2004
Lori Simpson has been named the new assistant director of the Plumas County Museum in Quincy. She attended Quincy schools and has worked at the Quincy Library for 13 years.
Note: items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.