Issued by The National Weather Service
3:37 am PST, Fri., Nov. 26, 2010
... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 10 PM PST SATURDAY ABOVE 4000 FEET...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING ABOVE 4000 FEET FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 10 PM PST SATURDAY.
* TIMING: PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN AROUND MIDNIGHT FRIDAY NIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO SATURDAY EVENING AS A FRONT MOVES INTO THE AREA. PRECIPITATION WILL BECOME SHOWERY SATURDAY EVENING.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 4 TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE AROUND 5000 FEET WITH 8 TO 16 INCHES POSSIBLE ABOVE 6500 FEET.
* ELEVATION: SNOW LEVELS WILL BEGIN AROUND 4000 FEET AND LOWER TO AROUND 3000 FEET ON SATURDAY. LOCALLY LOWER SNOW LEVELS ARE POSSIBLE WITH COLD AIR TRAPPED IN SOME OF THE MOUNTAIN VALLEYS.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: CHESTER... QUINCY
* WINDS: SOUTHWEST WINDS GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH.
* IMPACTS: TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES ARE POSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY DUE TO SNOWFALL AND LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS.
A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT... FOOD... AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
FRC rodeo to open arena for anyone brave enough
This cowboy holds on for dear life during last year’s saddle bronc riding portion of the rodeo clinic at Feather River College. For the third year, FRC’s rodeo...Read More...
New class plans paddle fest
Quincy locals try out some human-powered boats at last year’s Plumas Paddle Fest, presented by the Outdoor Recreation Leadership program of Feather River College....Read More...
Fishing Report for the week of 4/18/2014
Robert Paulson, of Meadow Valley, holds up the 23-pound Mackinaw he caught at Bucks Lake on April 6. Photo submitted