...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT PDT WEDNESDAY NIGHT ABOVE 6000 FEET...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SACRAMENTO HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY ABOVE 6000 FEET FOR SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO MIDNIGHT PDT WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY AND THE LASSEN PARK AREA.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 2 TO 5 INCHES ABOVE 6000 FEET ELEVATION WITH 4 TO 8 INCHES POSSIBLE OVER HIGHER PEAKS.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 6000 FEET.
* TIMING: TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: LASSEN VOLCANIC NATIONAL PARK.
* WINDS: LOCALLY GUSTY SOUTHWEST WINDS 30 TO 40 MPH POSSIBLE ACROSS THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS.
* IMPACTS: TRAVEL DELAYS POSSIBLE AT TIMES.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
As weather warms up, golf courses open for season
Fore! That word is once again heard in the distance in Plumas County. As springtime springs into action, golf courses across...
California Outdoors for the week of 4/11/2014
Carrie Wilson California Department of Fish and Wildlife Fish and wildlife regulations don’t always keep up with latest technology Hunting with pellet rifles Question:...Read More...
Trojans baseball blows out Portola
Quincy’s Jake Wallace is cocked and ready to fire off a fastball. Wallace pitched the second game for Quincy at the Biggs tournament last weekend. File photo...Read More...