...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PDT WEDNESDAY ABOVE 4500 FEET...
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW ABOVE 4500 FEET REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PDT WEDNESDAY FOR THE WEST SLOPES OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA...WESTERN PLUMAS COUNTY AND THE LASSEN PARK AREA.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 3 TO 6 INCHES ABOVE 4500 FEET AND 6 TO 12 INCHES ABOVE 7000 FEET. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE ALONG THE CREST OF THE NORTHERN SIERRA NEVADA.
* ELEVATION: ABOVE 4500 FEET.
* TIMING: SNOW CONTINUING INTO THIS EVENING BEFORE TAPERING OFF TO SCATTERED SHOWERS LATE TONIGHT. THE HEAVIEST ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED INTO THIS EVENING.
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE: INTERSTATE 80...HIGHWAY 50 AND HIGHWAY 88 ABOVE 4500 FEET.
* WINDS: LOCAL SOUTHWEST WIND GUSTS 30 TO 40 MPH HIGHER ELEVATIONS EARLY THIS MORNING...DECREASING BY THIS AFTERNOON.
* IMPACTS: SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BELOW PASS LEVELS MAY MAKE DRIVING HAZARDOUS DURING THE PEAK OF THE STORM AND CAUSE OCCASIONAL TRAVEL DELAYS.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW WILL CAUSE PRIMARILY TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
Chester loses at championship
Chester’s Hunter Morris dives for the catch at the Division V championship game in Chico on May 18. Photo by Kathy Morris James Wilson Sports Reporter 5/23/2013 ...Read More...
Fishing Report for the week of 5/22/2013
Heath and Tori Farrell proudly display a twenty pound Mackinaw along with a two pound rainbow they caught on a recent family outing to Bucks Lake. Photo Submited Michael...Read More...
California Outdoors for the week of 5/23/2013
Carrie Wilson California Department of Fish and Wildlife Stowing gear Question: I would like a definition of “stowed” in regard to fishing...Read More...