Indian Valley Editor
3/5/2010 Jessica Schrader and her three youngest daughters watch and wait outside the home where they think a fire started inside the wall of the girls' bedroom.
No one was hurt at 130 Church Street, where a family with five girls aged 22 months to 9 years must now find a new home.
Mother of the four youngest girls, Jessica Schrader smelled smoke that morning after the two oldest children were off to school.
She sniffed around the home and outside trying to find out where the smell was coming from, but she did not know for sure until wisps of smoke began seeping through the wall of her daughters' bedroom.
The home and its contents were not damaged too heavily, according to Indian Valley Fire Chief Jim Hamblin, whose volunteer firefighters had the blaze out quickly.
The home is uninhabitable though, according to property manager Tom Rogers of Feather River Properties.
The fire was an electrical one, Hamblin said.
According to Richard Babbs, tenant and father of the oldest girl, there was extensive smoke damage, especially to the bedding and clothes of the four youngest girls.
Larry Trotter of the Red Cross is expected to meet with the family about lunchtime today.
Greenville loses to American Christian
Greenville’s James Martinez rounds third and gives his coach Mike Chelotti a high five after hitting a homer during the Indians’ game against American Christian...Read More...
175 mile Sierra Nevada Relay to run through Plumas County
This gorgeous view of mountains towering over a valley is one of many that runners in the upcoming Sierra Nevada Relay will encounter. The relay starts at Donner...Read More...
Fishing Report for the week of 5/16/2013
Unsettled weather has ended; time to hit the water Ben Williams, a Lake Almanor Fly Fishing Company Guide landed this monster rainbow from Goodrich Creek near...Read More...