TEXT_SIZE

Remember When for the week of 1/6/2010

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian
1/6/2010


80 YEARS AGO....1930
Building activities in Chester continue uninterrupted. The new school house is underway and several bungalows are in the course of construction. The school house will, when completed, accommodate about 100 pupils and it is expected to be completed by March 1.
The Plumas County Board of Supervisors organized for the year 1930 Monday afternoon by electing L.B. O’Rourke as chairman.


50 YEARS AGO….1960
This weeks snowstorm ended an almost unbroken eight month drought throughout Plumas County.
Bids for the construction of an exhibit building for the display of natural minerals at the Plumas County Fairgrounds was awarded at a figure of $20,712.98 and will be completed before this years fair in August.

30 YEARS AGO….1980
A tentative subdivision map for another 44 units of Graeagle Meadows, consisting of cluster homes and the sixth phase of the project, was approved this week by the Plumas Planning Department.

10 YEARS AGO….2000
Plumas County Supervisor Don Clark was elected and sworn in as chairman of the Board of Supervisors this week. He represents East Quincy, Cromberg, Greenville and La Porte.

Note:  Items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.

Contact Us
up_contact
Local Events
Building Contractor

"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}