Remember When for the week of 5/29/2013

Keri Taborski
Feather Publishing Historian

75 YEARS AGO..........1938

    Charles E. Blackman of Almanor was appointed Plumas County Supervisor this week to succeed the late Sam B. Lear by California State Governor Merriam.

    Phil Blume, 69, local hotelman, died in Reno earlier this month. He owned and operated the Plumas House at Quincy from 1917 to 1923 when it burned down later that year. Its successor, the Hotel Quincy, was re-built in 1925.

50 YEARS AGO..........1963

    The Superior Court legal barrier which impeded progress of the new Antelope Dam project in Plumas County was removed on Monday with the order dissolving the temporary injunction.

25 YEARS AGO..........1988

    Hal Beatty, owner of Mountain Building Supply in Quincy, was named Plumas County Chamber of Commerce Merchant of the Year at the chamber’s annual award banquet last Saturday night.

10 YEARS AGO..........2003

    Holiday Quality Foods is still planning to open a grocery store in Delleker but plans have been delayed because of the lack of a water line in the area to accommodate fire protection. The Grizzly Lake Resort Improvement District has a $300,000 grant to build the water line.

Note: items included in the weekly Remember When column are taken from our bound newspaper archives and represent writing styles of that particular period. The spelling and grammar are not edited, so the copy is presented as it actually appeared in the original newspaper.

Contact Us
Local Events
Building Contractor

"); pageTracker._trackPageview(); } catch(err) {}